Streams, rivers, ponds, lakes, dams, wetlands, and the sea (unfortunately not in domestic situations) are all sources of surface water.
To a relatively large extent, surface water is a source of drinking water. In the Czech Republic approx. 53% of drinking water comes from surface sources. Other important effects are fish farming and the sports and recreational use of waterways and bodies of water.
The character of the use of surface water corresponds to safety requirements, if you want purity. Analyses of surface water are necessary to determine the quality of water in general, deal with emergencies, carry out long-term monitoring, and monitor the level of pollution in the vicinity of outlets (e.g. to monitor changes in the quality of surface water in before and beyond a municipality without a wastewater treatment plant), etc.
Who are our clients?
- Producers of drinking water from surface sources
- Pond owners and operators
- Towns and municipalities
- Public authorities/inspectorates
What do we offer?
- Analyses of surface waters for the purpose of determining their suitability for the production of drinking water - i.e. analyses of raw water. Such water must comply with the parameters stated in Decree No. 428/2001 Sb.; water analyses are carried out in the selective and comprehensive forms or as operational analyses. Raw water is divided according to threshold limit values into three categories, A1, A2 and A3, corresponding to standard treatment methods (from simple ones such as disinfection, deacidification, and simple filtration to multi-stage treatment by clarification, oxidation, iron removal and manganese removal with final disinfection).
- Analyses of surface water according to Annex No. 3 to Government Regulation No. 401/2015 Sb., as amended (general indicators, microbiological indicators, radioactivity indicators, heavy metals, pesticides, insecticides, polyaromatic hydrocarbons, volatile organic substances (BTEX, ClU), polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB), hydrocarbons C10-40 and other organic pollutants).
- We carry out analyses of water from ponds for fish farmers
- We monitor the enrichment of water with nutrients (eutrophication), especially phosphates and nitrates. Nutrient-enriched water means water full of microorganisms, plants, cyanobacteria and algae.
- Analyses in case of accidents (oils spills, polyaromatic hydrocarbons, chlorinated hydrocarbons, volatile organic substances, etc.)
- Decree of the Ministry of Agriculture No. 428/2001 Sb., implementing Act No. 274/2001 Sb., on water supply and sewerage systems for public use and amending certain other laws, as amended (Act on Water Supply and Sewerage)
- Government Regulation No. 401/2015 Sb., on the indicators and values of permissible surface water and groundwater pollution, details of the permit to discharge wastewater into surface water and sewers and in sensitive areas, as amended (Annex No. 3)